
Well I spent the weekend in Bordeaux, where I served 9 months of my mission! It was so wonderful to see familiar faces and places and have such sweet memories fill my mind while I was there. Immediately walking out of the train station and while waiting for the Tram I of course had the urge to contact everyone around me. I find myself making conversation quite often here in France, I've met some cool people. I stayed with the Lancelot family who are so wonderful to me. Saturday I walked around downtown and passed places I walked by so often. It felt like I had never left.
I decided to go visit an older lady in the ward, who on my mission we visited every Saturday afternoon. So I thought it perfect to stop by and surprise her. She was so happy and surprised to see me, and had so much to tell me!
I then went to the Cadeau's for dinner and was given a personal concert by Roxane...and I got to play the guitar!! Sunday was the best, seeing everyone at church and eating lunch with the ward after, it was wonderful :)It was interesting visiting my mission, especially on my own. While I've been here, I've been reading through my mission journals, like a novel (I advise anyone to do this with any journal, incredible), altogether it's kind of given me a different perspective, to see things from a beginning to end and from more of an outside view. At the end of the day I realize that the most precious relationship that took place in Bordeaux happened kneeling beside my bed between me and my Savior. Goodness, I know he lives! That's all I can say!
No comments:
Post a Comment